Born on 17 September, 1958 in Moscow.
- 1981: graduates from the Moscow Engineering and Physics Institute (MEPhI).
- 1981 – 2004: occupies various positions in MEPhI, the Russian Institute for Strategic Research, Russia's permanent mission at the UNO, and in the Russian Embassy in the US.
- 2004 – 2005: serves as aide to the minister of science and education.
- 2005 – 2008: head of the science, technology and innovation policy department at the Russian ministry of science and education.
- 2008 – 2010: deputy minister of science and education.
- 2010 – 2012: head of the Department for science, high technologies and education in the Russian Federal Government.
- 2012 – 2013: head of the Russian Presidential Directorate for science and education policy.
- 2013 – till now: Director General of the Russian Science Foundation.
Married with two children.
Office phone: +7 (499) 606-02-00